WE RECOMMEND WASHING YOUR ALTERNATIVE HAIR EVERY 6-8 WEARS
CLEANSE & CONDITION
- Before washing your wig or hairpiece, gently remove any tangles using a Wide Tooth Comb.
- Wet hair completely using cool running water.
- Gently lather the hair with a small amount of shampoo specifically formulated for synthetic hair, making sure that the hair is traveling in the same direction. DO NOT rub hair as this may cause tangling.
- Rinse hair thoroughly under cool running water until water runs clear.
- Wrap wig or hairpiece in a towel and gently pat dry.
- Depending on products used, you may repeat the steps above with conditioner specifically formulated for synthetic hair.
- If you prefer to use a leave in conditioner, spray 3-5 pumps of the leave-in-conditioner, keeping away from base of wig or hairpiece.
Gently detangle hair using your Wide Tooth Comb.
DRY & STYLE
- Allow wig or hairpiece to air dry naturally by placing on a plastic or wire wig stand. DO NOT blow dry synthetic hair.
- For mid-length to longer length styles, we recommend applying some HD Smooth Detangling Spray, (3-5 pumps) focusing on bottom half of wig or hairpiece. Gently comb through using your Wide Tooth Comb.
- We recommend using your fingertips or wig brush/comb for your desired style.
- To add texture and definition, use a small amount of styling creme or spray.
- Do not use heat to style synthetic fibers (curling irons, flat irons or blow dryers), as it will damage the hair fibers.
- Be cautious when standing near a heat source (i.e. open oven, heater, dryer, etc.) Excessive heat can damage synthetic fibers.
- We recommend using HD Smooth Detangling Spray by Jon Renau, along with a with a wide tooth comb to detangle your synthetic wig. This is especially important with a mid-length to long length wig or hairpiece.
Click here to return to www.WigStudio1.com
Article is closed for comments.