WE RECOMMEND WASHING YOUR ALTERNATIVE HAIR EVERY 6-8 WEARS
CLEANSE & CONDITION
- Before washing your heat-friendly synthetic wig or hairpiece, gently remove any tangles using a wide tooth comb.
- Wet hair completely using cool running water.
- Gently lather the hair with a small amount of shampoo specifically formulated for synthetic hair, ensuring that the hair travels in the same direction. DO NOT rub hair as this may cause tangling.
- Rinse hair thoroughly under cool running water until water runs clear.
- Wrap wig or hairpiece in a towel and gently pat dry.
- Depending on the products used, you may repeat the steps above with conditioner specifically formulated for synthetic hair.
- If you prefer to use a leave-in conditioner, spray 3-5 pumps of the leave-in conditioner, keeping away from the base of the wig or hairpiece.
- Gently detangle hair using your wide tooth comb.
DRY & STYLE
- Allow wig or hairpiece to air dry naturally by placing it on a plastic or wire wig stand. DO NOT blow dry regular synthetic hair fibers.
- For mid-length to longer length styles, we recommend applying some HD Smooth Detangling Spray (3-5 pumps), focusing on the bottom half of the wig or hairpiece. Gently comb through using your wide tooth comb.
- We recommend using your fingertips or wig brush/comb for your desired style.
- To add texture and definition, use a small amount of styling cream or spray.
- You may use heat to style heat-friendly synthetic fibers (curling irons, flat irons, or blow dryers). Please keep the temperature of your heat tools to a maximum of 260 degrees F. Higher temperatures will damage the hair fibers.
- We recommend using HD Smooth Detangling Spray by Jon Renau and a wide tooth comb to detangle your heat-friendly synthetic wig. This is especially important with a mid-length to long-length wig or hairpiece.
- Heat-friendly synthetic fibers require heat to be applied regularly to keep the ends smooth and soft.
Click here to return to www.WigStudio1.com.